FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:FDS) stock observed trading -17.90% off 52-week high price. On the other end, the stock has been noted 30.47% away from low price over the last 52-weeks. The stock disclosed a move of -6.87% away from 50 day moving average and -5.85% away from 200 day moving average. Moving closer, we can see that shares have been trading 1.21% off 20-day moving average. It has market cap of $9.76B and dividend yield of 1.13%.
On March 26, 2020, FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:FDS) a global provider of integrated financial information, analytical applications, and industry-leading service, revealed results for its second quarter ended February 29, 2020.
Second Quarter Fiscal 2020 Highlights
- Revenue increased 4.2%, or $14.9 million, to $369.8 million compared with $354.9 million for the same period in fiscal 2019. The increase is primarily due to higher sales of analytics, wealth management solutions, and content and technology solutions (CTS). Organic revenues grew 4.2% to $371.0 million during the second quarter of fiscal 2020 from the prior year period.
- Annual Subscription Value (ASV) plus professional services was $1.50 billion at February 29, 2020, compared with $1.44 billion at February 28, 2019. The organic growth rate, which excludes the effects of acquisitions, dispositions, and foreign currency movements, was 4.3%. The primary contributors to this growth since the first quarter of 2020 were higher sales in FactSet’s analytics, CTS, and wealth workflow solutions and a price increase in the Americas region. Please see the ASV + Professional Services section of this press release for details.
- Operating margin decreased to 28.7% compared with 30.6% for the same period last year. Adjusted operating margin decreased to 31.8% compared with 33.2% in the prior year period primarily as a result of higher costs related to the Company’s three-year investment plan.
- Diluted earnings per share (EPS) increased 5.0% to $2.30 compared with $2.19 for the same period in fiscal 2019. Adjusted diluted EPS rose 5.4% to $2.55 compared with $2.42 in the prior period primarily driven by a lower tax rate partially offset by lower operating results.
- The Company’s effective tax rate for the second quarter decreased to 14.0% compared with 18.8% a year ago, primarily due to higher tax benefits from stock-based compensation exercises in the second quarter of 2020.
- FactSet updated its annual guidance for organic ASV plus professional services. Please see the Annual Business Outlook section of this press release for details.
The USA based company FactSet Research Systems Inc. moved with change of -1.11% to $254.71 with the total traded volume of 497214 shares in recent session versus to an average volume of 402.51K shares. The stock was observed in the 5 days activity at 16.85%. The one month performance of stock was -8.55%. FDS’s shares are at -5.29% for the quarter and driving a 3.99% return over the course of the past year and is now at -5.07% since this point in 2018. Right now the stock beta is 0.86. The average volatility for the week and month was at 10.80% and 9.10% respectively. There are 38.33M shares outstanding and 37.32M shares are floated in market.