The names of their Apple products are something that a lot of people don’t give much thought to or even pay much attention to unless it’s absolutely necessary for them to do so. If you simply have one or two electronic gadgets, then it might not be as crucial to you.
However, such device names are absolutely necessary in the event that you decide to switch to a new device or have more than one of the same type. How to Modify the Names of Your Apple Devices Here’s how to change the names of your Apple devices so that you can differentiate between them when using the Find My app or when examining your devices on iCloud.com.
Why It Is Needed?
It is possible that changing the name of one’s iPhone is required in order for the device to be easily identifiable in iCloud, Find My, AirDrop, when WiFi hotspotting, and in other contexts. Because the usual device name format is your account name followed by’s and the type of the device, such as iPhone, iPad, etc.
For example, Kelly’s iPhone you might wish to change the name of your device to conceal the fact that you are using a specific type of device. And even if you merely adore your high-tech item and have given it a cute name for the sake of your own amusement, that is reason enough to rename your device “officially” in the settings as well!
Rename iPhone or iPad
Let’s begin with a mobile phone, shall we? Changing the name of your iPhone can be done in the following ways: Select the Settings app from the home screen, then navigate to the General section. To find the About option, open the menu.
The first line contains the name of your device. If you tap the name, you’ll have the option to make changes to it or enter a new one:
Because the methods for changing the name on an iPhone and an iPad are identical, if you already know how to change the name on an iPhone, you already know how to change the name on an iPad. Navigate to Settings > General > About > Name. To rename your iPad, tap the Name button and then put in the new name.
More To Read- How To Use Dual SIM & eSIM On iPhone?
Rename Your Mac
- It won’t take more than a minute on your Mac for you to alter the name, and you’ll do it through the System Preferences menu.
- To access the System Preferences window, either select the System Preferences icon located in the Dock or navigate to the Apple menu and select System Preferences from there.
- Choose Sharing from the list of options in System Preferences.
- Enter the name you want to use for your Mac in the space provided next to Computer Name, then hit the Return key.
If you alter the name of your Mac, the name it is known by all the other computers on your local network will also change. You will find this information just underneath the entry labelled Computer Name. If you want to give your machine a different name on the network, you may do so by clicking the Edit button and changing the name.
Change Finder Name in Mac
- You will need to use the USB cable that came with the device to connect it to your Mac in the usual manner.
- Launch the Finder application, then in the sidebar’s Locations section, choose your device by clicking its name.
- You can change the name of your device by clicking the name it now goes by, typing in the new name, and then pressing the Return key on your keyboard.
Change Name Of Your Apple Watch
When we learnt how to alter the name of an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, all of the work was done on the respective device. But what happens if you want to call the Apple Watch anything else? Because it is an attachment, although a powerful one, you will need to use your phone in order to change the name that is associated with it.
Here’s how to alter the name of your Apple Watch:
Launch the Apple Watch application on your iPhone, and after it’s open, navigate to the My Watch tab. After that, head on over to General > About. Changing your name on your Apple Watch is simple when you do it from this screen.
Also Read- How To Set Wallpaper On Apple Watch?
Change Airpods Name
Make sure that your AirPods are connected to the device you want to change the name on and that they are not in their case before attempting to make the change. After that, you can rename them using either your iPhone or your Mac, whichever you want. Next, we’ll walk you through the process of renaming AirPods on your iPhone and iPad, as well as how to do it on your Mac.
Using iPhone or iPad
- As was previously said, you must remove your AirPods from their case and attach them to your phone.
- Search for your AirPods in My Devices under Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone.
- To access more details about your AirPods, tap the tiny blue I icon that appears next to their current name.
- You’ll be directed to a fresh set of AirPods alternatives.
- Change the name by tapping it.
- Select System Preferences > Bluetooth from the Apple menu.
- Right-click the AirPods once they are linked to your Mac and select Rename.
- Type the appropriate name and press Rename.
Apple TV Name Change
The name of the room it is assigned to in the Home app may serve as the device name if you haven’t already modified the name of your Apple TV. If not, the Apple TV default name will be used. Here’s a change-making guide.
- Select General from the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- The Name field is at the top; click About and then click Name.
- On the keyboard, type the name you intend to use, then click Done.
For More Stuff Like This, Must Visit:- TrendingWork