MLB Cancels Postseason South Korea Tour In Promoter Dispute!

Major League Baseball cancels postseason trip to South Korea

This was supposed to be Major League Baseball’s first trip to South Korea since 1922, and news of the tour broke in August.

On the 11th and 12th of November, at Busan Sajik Baseball Stadium, games between an MLB club and players from the South Korean league were scheduled to take place. The games were scheduled for the 14th and 15th of November, at Seoul’s Gocheok Sky Dome.

MLB’s senior VP for international, Jim Small, stated in a statement on Friday, “MLB has had continuing contractual concerns with the event promoter that we have been trying to settle for some time.

” We are at a point where we must cancel the upcoming trip because we cannot produce an event of the caliber that our Korean supporters deserve.

The Korea Baseball Organization expressed “perplexity” at MLB’s decision to cancel on Saturday, stating that it disrupted the preparations of the players and let down the spectators who were planning to attend the games.

Major League Baseball Has Canceled Their Upcoming Exhibition Games In South Korea Due To “Contractual Issues”

TODAY (Yonhap) from Seoul: Four exhibition games set for November in South Korea have been canceled by Major League Baseball (MLB), claiming “contractual problems” with a local promoter.

During Friday night’s first game of the World Series between the Philadelphia Phillies and the Houston Astros, MLB made the news (local time).

Two games were scheduled for the southeastern city of Busan on November 11 and 12 as part of the MLB World Tour Korea Series, with two additional games scheduled for the capital city of Seoul on November 14 and 15. In what would have been the first MLB games in South Korea in a century, a squad of MLB players, including a few South Korean-born players like Kim Ha-Seong of the San Diego Padres and former World Series MVP Salvador Perez, were scheduled to take on a team from the Korea Baseball Organization (KBO).

Also Read:

“MLB has had continuing contractual concerns with the event promoter that we have been trying to resolve for some time,” said Jim Small, MLB’s senior vice president of international operations. We’re at a point where we have to cancel the upcoming tour because we can’t provide a show of the caliber that our Korean fans demand.

Major League Baseball Has Canceled Their Upcoming Exhibition Games In South Korea Due To Contractual Issues

After apologizing to Korean baseball fans, Small stated, “MLB and the KBO have worked together for many years to help our sport thrive. We’re excited to keep collaborating with them to deliver more shows to Korea.”

The KBO stated that it has conveyed its “deep regrets” to MLB about the postponement of the game.

With “great dismay,” the KBO expressed that “having prepared for these games upon earlier request from MLB,” it was “very disturbed” by the decision. We’ll also let MLB know how disappointing it is that they can’t fulfill their commitment to Korean fans and accommodate the players who have been training for these games.

The Korean Baseball Organization (KBO) gave a brief update on the World Tour’s preparations, stating that Major League Baseball (MLB) had “repeatedly asked” the Korean league to host the tournament.

Also Read:

The KBO said in April that MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred had formally requested the World Tour. “MLB told us earlier this year it had settled on a promoter,” the league previously stated.

“Even though we knew it would be difficult to put together a squad owing to scheduling conflicts, we were still interested in working with MLB to help spread baseball around the world. The cancellation has been announced, and we apologize for any trouble this may cause our fans.”

Final Words

The visit, announced in August, was supposed to be MLB’s first trip to Korea since 1922. Originally scheduled for the 11th and 12th of November

at Busan, Sajik Baseball Stadium, and the 14th and 15th of November at Seoul’s Gocheok Sky Dome, respectively, the games between an MLB club and players from the South Korean league were canceled.

For some time, MLB has been trying to address contractual difficulties with the event promoter, according to a statement released on Friday by MLB’s senior vice president for international, Jim Small.

We’ve reached the point where we have to cancel the upcoming tour because we can’t produce an event of the caliber that our Korean fans deserve.

For More Such News & Information Visit- TrendingWork

0 Shares

Related Posts

Karan Siradi

I am an author and a public speaker. I was born in India and have travelled to many different countries. I have a masters in public communication from California University and I love to write about famous peoples from different industries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap