Even though it’s been over a year and a half since Sony first introduced the PlayStation 5, it seems that the gaming console is still in such high demand that it’s nearly hard to get your hands on one. There are some unpredictable moments when inventory will suddenly become available at your preferred merchant, providing you with a brief window of opportunity to purchase one for yourself.
It’s possible that you won’t want to spend a lot of money on a specialised gaming headset when it comes time to upgrade to a new console and will prefer to make do with what you already have. Because of this, it is quite understandable that you would like to link AirPods to PS5, but unfortunately we have some discouraging news for you. Following in the footsteps of the PS4 line of consoles, Sony did not incorporate built-in Bluetooth for the PS5, which can be attributed to one of several possible reasons.
PS5 Doesn’t Support Bluetooth
The PlayStation 5 is the most cutting-edge video game console currently available, thus the fact that it does not initially come equipped with Bluetooth audio capability may be difficult to accept. Without purchasing an additional attachment, you won’t be able to use any Bluetooth headphones, including AirPods, with the PlayStation 5.
The PS5 is capable of recognising your AirPods or other headphones as part of the pairing process; however, the process fails at the last phase of the procedure. The PS5 does support various Bluetooth accessories. Epic fail!
This limitation can be overcome by using an adaptor that enables Bluetooth audio and has a plug that fits into the console. There are a plethora of Bluetooth adapters on the market, and the most of them can be purchased for less than fifty dollars. Adapters can be connected to the PS5 via its USB ports, to your TV via its headphone jack, or to your TV via the headphone jack on the PS5 controller. Because of this, you can choose to purchase whichever accessory appeals to your sense of style the most.
More To Read- Siri Not Working? Issues, Fixes, & Troubleshoot
How To Connect Airpods to PS5
If you wish to link your AirPods to your PS5, what options do you have? You still have a chance, however in order to pair your AirPods with your console, you will need to use a Bluetooth adaptor that you have previously plugged in. It is both unexpected and frustrating to learn that such a sophisticated and popular gaming system as the PS5 will be released in 2022 without the basic capability of Bluetooth connectivity.
The actions that need to be taken in order to connect AirPods to a PS5 after using an adapter.
- Make the connection between your PlayStation 5 and the Bluetooth adapter by using the USB port that is located on the front of the console.
- Check that the adapter is set to the pairing mode before continuing.
- Flip open the lid of the AirPods charging case.
- While holding down the pairing button on the device’s rear, press the status light until it begins blinking.
- From this point forward, the Bluetooth adapter that is linked into your PlayStation 5 ought to automatically recognise the AirPods and connect to them. You will need to carry out the following procedures in order to guarantee that everything is in proper functioning condition:
Launch the Settings application on your PS5 system
- Select Devices after scrolling down the page.
- Choose the appropriate audio devices.
- Select the Bluetooth adapter that is currently plugged in by changing the Output Device setting.
- Make sure that the output is set to Headphones rather than All Audio.
- First, check to see that the volume on your PS5 is cranked all the way up, and only then attempt to navigate the menus or launch some applications. This will indicate to you that the pairing procedure has been successfully finished, and that your AirPods have been successfully paired to your PS5 system.
In spite of the fact that AirPods come equipped with a microphone that is built right in, you won’t be able to use your earbuds if you want to have a conversation with your buddies. Instead, all you can do is listen to the gameplay and any interactions you have with the interface. And naturally, you can use these when the AirPods are connected in order to listen to music or view a movie on your device.
Instead, if you want to talk to your pals while you play, you will need to purchase a headset that is approved for use with the PlayStation 5 and that comes with a microphone. It is undeniably just another source of annoyance that we are forced to contend with, and we can only hope that Sony will rectify the situation with the next generation of gaming consoles.
Not Hearing Voice on Your Airpods?
If you have followed the instructions outlined above but are still unable to hear anything coming from your AirPods, you should double check that they have successfully linked with your PS5 controller.
- Choose Settings from the screen that acts as the Home base.
- Pick the Sound option.
- Select Audio Output from the menu.
- Select Output Device.
- Choose your Bluetooth device when prompted to do so on the following screen.
Also Read- Airpods Connected But No Sound: Issue Fixed
Sync Airpods To Your TV
There is an additional method available for you to use your AirPods with your PlayStation 5 if you have a Smart TV but do not wish to purchase a Bluetooth adaptor. You are in luck because the vast majority of smart TVs allow Bluetooth accessories. This means that you can connect your AirPods to your TV rather than your PlayStation 5.
Although the settings of each TV will vary slightly from one another, you should be able to access a Devices or Accessories menu through the primary Settings menu. After that, in order to sync your AirPods, select Scan for devices when your AirPods are in pairing mode. Simply connect your headphones to the audio output on your TV, and you should be good to go.
That is how you can use your Airpods with the PS5. For More Stuff Like This, Must Visit:- TrendingWork