If you are looking at this page, there is a good probability that you deleted some essential messages by mistake and are now trying to restore them. If this is the case, you should stop what you are doing and read this post.
When compared to iPhones, it is more difficult to restore lost messages on Android because to the way Android manages them. This is in contrast to how deleted emails are handled in Gmail, where they are placed in the trash. When you erase a message, it leaves behind a trail that might be obliterated by subsequent data.
Deleted texts are typically lost forever in most circumstances. On the other hand, there is still a possibility that they have not been overwritten. In this post, we will demonstrate how to retrieve texts that have been erased from your mobile device running Android or iOS.
Check Your Archive
The Messages app includes swipe motions that can be used by default to archive a message. Whenever you make a mistake by swiping left or right in the Messages app on one of the ongoing conversations, the app will archive the conversation thread.
Here is how to locate and remove essential messages from the archive:
- Open Messages on Android.
- To access the menu, tap the three dots that are located in the upper-right corner.
- Choose the Archived option.
- After giving the message you wish to unarchive a long tap, select the up arrow icon located at the very top of the screen.
- In the Messages app, Google does not have a Trash can option. If you haven’t previously enabled a backup on Google Drive, retrieving deleted text messages will require the use of data recovery apps that were not developed by Google.
Also Check- Mail Not Opening, iPhone or iPad: Check Fix Here
Ask The Other End User
If none of these tactics work to retrieve deleted text messages from your Android phone, your only choice is to get in touch with the person who sent the messages to you. You might ask this individual if they have a copy of the text message you are seeking for, and if they have, you could then ask them to send it to you again.
Use A Third Party Recovery App
You wish to retrieve your mails because everything has been lost. Using data recovery software to search your phone for deleted files and retrieve anything that might still be there, it might be feasible to recover them. A quick Google search will turn up a tonne of Android device data recovery tools. Although many premium ones still provide a risk-free trial period, some are free and some are not.
The most well-known ones include FonePaw, Dr. Fone, Tenorshare UltData, and Android Data Recovery. The procedure is rather simple once you have the programme. Just start the software after installing it on your computer. Depending on the programme, you might need to connect the device to the computer or use an app.
The software will come with comprehensive instructions. After a scan, the app will show you everything you can recover. It’s also crucial to remember that these software programmes don’t just recover deleted communications. They can assist with locating images, movies, papers, and other material.
Use Google Drive To Restore Deleted Message In Android
There is a possibility that your text messages are included in the Google Drive backup of your phone. Following the steps listed below will allow you to restore this backup:
- On your phone, launch Google Drive.
- By selecting the three lines button in the top left corner, you may access the menu.
- Now choose “Backups.”
- Verify whether a backup of your data has been made.
- Only while logged in on a new device is it possible to restore Android data that has been backed up to Google Drive. You will therefore require a different smartphone to access your messages.
Enable Messages Backup In Drive
To prevent a scenario like this from occurring on your Android phone, you should utilise the backup service provided by Google Drive. Data from installed apps, media files, text messages, call history, device settings, and information from a user’s Google account are all backed up by Google Drive.
- To access the app drawer from the home screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Find the app that looks like a gear and calls itself Settings.
- Click on the System option.
- Choose the Backup option.
- In the following menu, you may check the storage capacity of your account and enable the backup toggle.
Recover Deleted Message in iPhone
Restoring deleted messages in iPhone is quite simple.
- In Messages, tap Edit.
- Simply select the Show Recently Deleted option.
- Select the conversations that contain the messages that you wish to recover, and then touch the Recover button.
- Select either Recover Message or Recover [Number] Messages from the drop-down menu.
Also Read- Mac Stuck At White Screen: Issue & Fix
Set Up iCloud Backup
How to do it:
- Launch the iPhone’s Settings app.
- To access your Apple ID page, tap your name at the top of the Settings screen.
- Select iCloud and check that Messages is checked in the list of apps that use iCloud.
- Check that your iPhone has recently been backed up by tapping iCloud Backup and looking at the timestamp next to the phrase “Last successful backup.
- Return to the Settings app’s main menu and select General.
- Click Transfer or Reset iPhone in the bottom section.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings, then verify that you wish to proceed. To disable Find My, you’ll probably have to enter your iCloud password.
- Resetting your iPhone to factory settings will take a few minutes. The initial welcome screen for the iPhone will then appear. When you reach the Apps & Data screen after completing the first few steps, tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Log into iCloud to access your backups, then select the most recent backup you created before erasing the text messages you want to retrieve.
I hope you get your important message that you deleted accidently by following the methods given above. I have also share how you can take backup and use them. For More Stuff Like This, Must Visit:- TrendingWork