After a car fire at Jay Leno’s garage in Burbank over the weekend, he was injured by the flames.
My skin was badly burned in a gasoline explosion. I am ok. The former late-night TV host said in a statement to The Times on Monday, “I just need a week or two to get back on my feet.”
On Saturday afternoon, according to Battalion Chief David Burke, a medical emergency was reported at Leno’s Garage on the 3100 block of North Damon Way, prompting the dispatch of Burbank fire paramedics.
An adult male was treated by the fire department and taken to the hospital, according to Burke.
After Leno canceled his Sunday appearance at a conference in Las Vegas due to a “serious medical emergency,” the news broke in People.
On Monday morning, TMZ reported that Leno was being treated at the Grossman Burn Center in West Hills for serious facial burns sustained in a car fire. His health status was not made public.
The former host of NBC’s “The Tonight Show,” Leno is well-known as a classic car collector. More than 160 automobiles and 130 motorcycles are kept in the garage he owns in Burbank, where he is also known to perform regular auto maintenance.
Jay Leno is the current host of the popular Peacock Network series Jay Leno’s Garage. He also used to be a frequent guest on “My Classic Car,” a show on the Speed Channel, where he showed off his collection and drove some of the vintage vehicles featured on the show.
Jay Leno Recovering From Burn Injuries
A statement from the hospital where Jay Leno is being treated confirms that he suffered burn injuries in a gasoline fire and is currently recovering.
According to CNN, Leno is in stable condition after suffering “burns that he received to his face and hands from a gasoline accident in his garage over the weekend.” The burns were sustained during the weekend, and the hospital treating them is the Grossman Burn Center in Los Angeles.
He is “in good humor” and “touched” by the many inquiries into his condition and well wishes, the statement said. As the article puts it, “He wants everyone to know he is doing well and is in ‘the best burn center in the United States.'”
CNN has attempted to contact Leno’s representatives for comment.
Leno, an avid car collector, reportedly had a fire break out while he was working on one of his vehicles in the garage.
Gasoline ignited in my car and caused severe burns. I am ok. The former host of “The Tonight Show” told Variety that he only needed a week or two to recover.
Organizers of the Financial Brand Forum conference in Las Vegas told People that Leno, 72, canceled an appearance at the event on Sunday.
The publication obtained an email sent to conference attendees in which it was explained that Jay would not be able to attend because of a “very serious medical emergency.” “At this point, all we know is that he is alive, so please keep him and his loved ones in your prayers tonight.”
Leno was advertised as a highlight for those who purchased a gold pass to the conference’s opening night.
After Suffering Severe Burns In A Car Fire, Jay Leno Says He’s “Ok”
The 72-year-old comedian and former “Tonight Show” host Jay Leno announced on Monday that he had suffered serious burn injuries in a car fire over the weekend in Los Angeles.
Gasoline ignited in my car and caused severe burns. I am ok. “I just need a week or two to get back on my feet,” Leno told NBC News on Monday. Since Monday afternoon, he’s been confined to the hospital.
Jay Leno, host of the popular CNBC show “Jay Leno’s Garage,” was working on a car in his Los Angeles garage on Saturday when an accident caused a flash fire. His extensive collection of luxury and vintage automobiles has also brought him notoriety.
A source close to Leno told NBC News that the comedian was taken to the Grossman Burn Center in West Hills after flames burned the left side of his face. He postponed everything he had planned for the week, including a Sunday night performance in Las Vegas.
- Carrie Underwood Has Addressed Rumors That She Had Plastic Surgery After Her Recent Accident, Calling Them “A Little Sad”!
The comedian is “physically ok,” according to a source close to Leno who spoke to NBC, but there is “some damage” to the actor.
After more than three decades at the helm of “The Tonight Show,” the comedian finally passed the baton to Jimmy Fallon in 2014. The premiere season of “Jay Leno’s Garage” on CNBC aired that year. In 2019,
Comedian Jay Leno confirmed to CBS News that he is doing better after suffering serious injuries in a gasoline fire.
Reports of a recent medical emergency were confirmed on Monday when the former “Tonight Show” host said he had suffered “serious burns” from a gasoline fire. An accident involving gasoline left me with severe burns.
For More References & News Related Articles, You Can Check Our Website: trendingwork.com