The Upstate Dandy Dozen for the class of 2023 was the most highly regarded prospect in the region heading into the season, and they have all but sealed their college fates by taking advantage of the early signing period.
Check out the schools that our Dandy Dozen signed with during the early signing period:
- Markee Anderson, Dorman, South Carolina
- Tyler Brown, Greenville, Clemson
- Miquel Dingle Jr., Byrnes, Texas Tech
- DJ Geth, Dorman, North Carolina
- Nathan Johnson, Gaffney, Appalachian St.
- Misun Kelley, Daniel, Clemson
- Jake Norris, Wren, Clemson (PWO)
- Brayshawn Littlejohn, Gaffney, Missouri
- Grayson Loftis, Gaffney, Duke
- DJ Porter, Dorman, Appalachian St.
- Travon West, Wren, Wake Forest
- Will White, Dorman, Wofford
- Thomas Williams, Powdersville, Virginia Tech
On The First Day Of The Early Signing Period, Clemson Signed 28 Players
Clemson received National Letters of Intent from 26 high school football players on the first day of the early signing period on Wednesday. One scholarship transfer and one preferred walk-on were also added to the Clemson roster.
Before National Signing Day on February 1, 2023, the early signing period will end on Friday, December 23. Below you’ll find information on Clemson’s high school class as well as biographies of the most recent additions to the program.
– Eleven players in Clemson’s incoming freshman class are ranked among the top 250 recruits in the country by Rivals.com: quarterback Christopher Vizzini, defensive end Peter Woods, defensive end Vic Burley, cornerback Avieon Terrell, defensive end Stephiylan Green, offensive tackle Harris Sewell, defensive end Ian Reed, defensive end Tomarrion Parker, offensive tackle Zechariah Owens, and cornerback Branden Strozier.
There are nine players in this group who were ranked in the top 250 by 247Sports: defensive end Vic Burley, defensive end Tomarrion Parker, quarterback Christopher Vizzini, defensive end Peter Woods, offensive lineman Zechariah Owens, defensive end Stephiylan Green, defensive end Harris Sewell, wide receiver Ronan Hanafin, and defensive end A.J. Hoffler.
A total of nine players in this class are ranked in the ESPN300: defensive end Peter Woods, quarterback Christopher Vizzini, defensive end Vic Burley, offensive tackle Harris Sewell, linebacker Jamal Anderson, defensive end Tomarrion Parker, offensive tackle Zechariah Owens, defensive end Stephiylan Green, and defensive end David Ojiegbe.
Stephiylan Green, Peter Woods, Christopher Vizzini, Vic Burley, Jamal Anderson, Tomarrion Parker, Harris Sewell, David Ojiegbe, Noble Johnson, Tyler Brown, and OL Harris Sewell were all named to On3’s Top 300.
Every recruiting class that has come in during Dabo Swinney’s time as head coach has gone on to win at least one ACC title. From 2012-2020, nine different graduating classes qualified for the CFP.
For the third year in a row, Clemson has signed a player from Irmo’s Dutch Fork High School, as running back Jarvis Green joins the Tigers. In 2021, Clemson welcomed Dutch Fork product Will Taylor at WR, and in 2022, WR Antonio Williams joined the program.
DL Tomarrion Parker joined WR Justyn Ross (2018), S Ray Thornton III (2019), and WR E.J. Williams (2019) as Central High School of Phenix City products who have signed with Clemson (2020). Caleb Nix, a current safety for Clemson, went to Central High School in Phenix City before opting to walk on with the Tigers in 2022.
– CB Aviation Terrell joined his brother, CB A.J. Terrell (2017), CB Nate Wiggins (2021), and WR Dacari Collins (2019) as Clemson commits from Atlanta’s Westlake High School (2021).
- Former Dodgers Outfielder Justin Turner Signs A Two-Year, $22 Million Contract With The Boston Red Sox!
Misun “Tink” Kelley, a star athlete from Daniel High School in nearby Central, South Carolina, has signed with the Tigers. Several recent Clemson Tigers have gone on to successful careers in the NFL. These include scholarship and walk-on contributors like defensive tackle Jarvis Jenkins (2007 signee), wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins (2010), defensive tackle DeShawn Williams (2011), and defensive end Shaq Lawson (2012).
Tour Of Return
Clemson’s incoming class is composed entirely of players from states that have produced Clemson signees in the past while Dabo Swinney has been at the helm. Swinney signed exclusively from pre-existing pipelines in 2021 and 2023, but he added a new state in seven of the eight signing cycles from 2015–22: Utah in 2022, Kentucky in 2020, California, Michigan, and Pennsylvania in 2019, Missouri in 2018, Indiana and Louisiana in 2017, Colorado, Kansas, and Texas in 2016, and Massachusetts in 2015.
Georgia (11), Alabama (4 + 1 transfer), South Carolina (3), Texas (3), Florida (2), Massachusetts (1), Pennsylvania (1), and the District of Columbia make up the rest of Clemson’s freshman class (one).
Last month, after initially giving his verbal to Rutgers, the Estero High graduate announced with The News-Press that he had signed with the Knights.
His final stats for the year included 33 tackles, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 6 PBUs, and 1 blocked PAT. Following two interceptions, one of which he ran back 64 yards for a pick-six, he was named the defensive MVP of the Rotary South all-star game.
Feels great, like everything I’ve worked for is coming together, and this is just the beginning,” Duclona wrote in a text message.