Chicago Police Report 5 Shooting Deaths Over Holiday Weekend!

5 People Killed in Shootings Over Holiday Weekend in Chicago

At least five people were shot and killed over the holiday weekend in Chicago. The victims ranged in age from 18 to 21, with the youngest victim being just 18 years old. Between Friday evening at 6 p.m. and Monday evening at 11:59 p.m., 19 people were shot in Chicago, according to data from the Chicago Police Department.

Among them was a man, age 18, who was shot and killed on Friday in the 4600 block of North Lawndale Avenue. The victim and the suspect reportedly got into an argument in the backyard of a house in the area at around 8:15 p.m., and the suspect then shot the victim in the back and abdomen, according to the police. He was pronounced dead upon arrival at Illinois Masonic Hospital.

On Saturday, a man in his 40s was shot and killed while driving in the 2500 block of North Rutherford Avenue. After being shot in the head shortly before 1 a.m., the victim lost control of his vehicle and crashed into a light pole. Loyola Hospital pronounced him dead there.

On Sunday, police were called to a home in the 7200 block of South Francisco Avenue to check on the welfare of the occupants, but instead discovered the body of a man inside. Shortly after 6:00 p.m., the police located the man. When paramedics arrived, they found he had been shot in the head and pronounced dead.

Before 10:30 p.m. on Sunday, a man, age 21, was shot and killed in the 10400 block of South Prospect Avenue. While driving, he was shot in the back by an assailant who then fled the scene, and he crashed into another car. At the time, he was in critical condition and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, but he did not survive.

On Sunday night at 11:30 p.m., a 29-year-old woman was discovered dead in a car in the suburb of Maywood. Through their investigation, police learned that the woman had been shot in the 800 block of South Kolmar Avenue in Chicago. There, at Loyola Medical Center, she was pronounced dead upon arrival.

Across Chicago This Weekend, 5 People Were Killed And Nearly 30 Were Injured In Shootings, Police Say

A 15-year-old boy was among the five people shot and killed over the weekend in Chicago. One man, 30, was shot and killed outside a River North club. A total of 32 people were shot between Friday evening at 6 p.m. and Sunday evening at 11:59 p.m., according to data compiled by the Chicago Police Department.

Across Chicago This Weekend, 5 People Were Killed And Nearly 30 Were Injured In Shootings, Police Say

The body of the 15-year-old boy was discovered early Sunday morning in the 3000 block of West 23rd Street. He was pronounced dead at the scene by police who responded to a report of gunfire and found him unresponsive on the ground. It has been reported that a black SUV was used to fire shots at the scene before driving away, but no suspects have been apprehended at this time.

A short time later, on the 300 block of West Chicago Avenue, four people were shot, with one of them dying. The police say that a fight broke out outside the club, and then two men pulled out guns and started firing at the crowd. A man in his thirties was fatally struck in the chest and later pronounced dead.

Three other people, all in their twenties, were shot: a man, 24, a woman, 24, and a man, 30, both of whom were hit in the leg. They were all admitted to the hospital and are doing well. A police spokesman reported that two firearms had been found and one suspect had been taken into custody.

Around 10:30 p.m. on Friday, a 44-year-old man was standing in an alley in the 3000 block of West 63rd Street when he was shot and killed by an assailant who fled the scene. He had been shot several times and was subsequently pronounced dead.

Two hours later, in the 8000 block of South Jeffery Boulevard, a shooting left one man dead and another wounded. According to police, a man, 36 years old, was shot and killed while sitting in his car by someone in another car. A 24-year-old man was also hospitalized with a graze wound to the back, but he is in stable condition.

Read Also:

At about 5 o’clock on Sunday evening, a man was shot and killed in the 500 block of West 99th Street. The unidentified victim, whose age was reported by police to be in his twenties, was reportedly struck in the chest and later pronounced dead at the University of Chicago Medical Center.

The Girl’s Condition Was Described As “Good” When She Was Brought To Holy Cross Hospital

He was 18 years old when he was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. On Saturday night, a man in his fifties was shot and injured in the hand in the 7900 block of South Colfax Avenue. At approximately 5:48 p.m., the victim was reportedly shot while standing near the street, according to the police.

The Girl's Condition Was Described As Good When She Was Brought To Holy Cross Hospital

The ambulance took him to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he is currently doing well. In the 6800 block of South Prairie Avenue at 6:01 p.m., a 48-year-old man accidentally shot himself in the hand. According to investigators, the shooting occurred inside a person’s home.

He was also taken by ambulance to U of C Hospital, where his condition was at first thought to be stable. Later that night, an officer who had witnessed a shooting in Englewood opened fire on three suspects.

One of the suspects allegedly exited a Toyota Corolla, pulled out a handgun, and fired shots into a Nissan Rogue SUV as police officers drove by in a marked vehicle in the 5900 block of South Halsted Street at 7:08 p.m., according to police reports. Two people were shot and injured; a man in his fifties and a teenager.

One of the officers fired his weapon at the fleeing criminals. Both people in the Nissan were shot and taken to the University of Chicago Hospital, where their conditions are currently unknown. On the scene, a weapon was found. The suspects’ car was found unattended at a later time.

Final Words

Customers at the Nordstrom store in the country’s largest shopping mall ran for cover as shots rang out on a Friday. A bullet reportedly grazed the jacket of a bystander. Apparently, a fight broke out between two groups, leading to the victim being shot multiple times, as reported by the police. We’re talking about a 30-second ordeal at most.

At about 7:50 p.m., one of the 16 Bloomington police officers on duty at the mall heard gunfire. Despite the officer’s best efforts, the victim tragically passed away. About an hour after the lockdown began, the mall tweeted that customers were being allowed back outside. Videos of shoppers taking shelter in stores were shared on social media, and an announcement was made in the mall urging people to find safe locations.

The Mall of America has been an attraction and a focal point for locals and visitors alike since it first opened in 1992. There is a no-guns policy, but customers haven’t been subject to metal detector checks in most cases. The testing of a “weapons detection system” at one of the mall’s entrances was announced in October. Some shoppers at the suburban Minneapolis shopping complex ducked for cover and two people were injured during an apparent altercation on New Year’s Eve, prompting authorities to place the mall on lockdown in August.


  • Karan Sirari

    I am an author and a public speaker. I was born in India and have travelled to many different countries. I have a masters in public communication from California University and I love to write about famous peoples from different industries.


Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap